Mech Dara, The Phnom Penh Post
Thu, 16 June 2016
Military police in Kampong Thom province on Monday arrested the owner of a KTV over the alleged prostitution of a 14-year-old girl.
Stoung district military police chief Khun Peareak said Tha Bansy, 39, was apprehended at the venue in Kampong Chen Choeung commune after the missing girl’s parents contacted the gendarmerie.
“We arrested him on the 13th after getting a complaint from the parents,” Peareak said, noting the girl and three other sex workers were also found at the KTV.
According to Peareak, the parents said their daughter went missing in Preah Vihear on May 31.
After a two-week search, they got a tip off that she had been spotted working at the KTV. However, when they approached the venue themselves, Bansy denied the teenager was on the premises.
Yesterday, a provincial deputy prosecutor, who declined to be named, said the suspect was yet to be charged.
“The court has questioned him but has not charged him yet. He has been sent to the military police for temporary detention and questioning will continue tomorrow.”
Thu, 16 June 2016
Military police in Kampong Thom province on Monday arrested the owner of a KTV over the alleged prostitution of a 14-year-old girl.
Stoung district military police chief Khun Peareak said Tha Bansy, 39, was apprehended at the venue in Kampong Chen Choeung commune after the missing girl’s parents contacted the gendarmerie.
“We arrested him on the 13th after getting a complaint from the parents,” Peareak said, noting the girl and three other sex workers were also found at the KTV.
According to Peareak, the parents said their daughter went missing in Preah Vihear on May 31.
After a two-week search, they got a tip off that she had been spotted working at the KTV. However, when they approached the venue themselves, Bansy denied the teenager was on the premises.
Yesterday, a provincial deputy prosecutor, who declined to be named, said the suspect was yet to be charged.
“The court has questioned him but has not charged him yet. He has been sent to the military police for temporary detention and questioning will continue tomorrow.”